#Throwback: A Week in Dubai

A few years ago (nearly a decade, says my mind, boggling another part of my mind), I blogged on a wonderful platform called Posterous. I posted fairly frequently, sometimes unnecessarily, but it was what made me a regular to this world. Some time in 2012, Twitter acquired Posterous and promptly shut down Posterous Spaces breaking a million hearts around the world (thousands, at least), but not before giving us a chance to download our work. So download, I did. I had forgotten about them, until recently, much to my surprise, I find the folder hidden among the darkest corners of my husband's college laptop.

Which brings me to this post. I have been going through the posts - most of them cringeworthy. However, I have to admit, I have come quite far from the writer I used to be - definitely more cynical. For the past few days (read months), I have been missing Dubai - the city I grew up in - a lot. I've also been working on something Dubai-related. So when I found this goodie of a post titled "A Week In Dubai", I wanted to relive the memories. So, without further ado:

Coming to Dubai for holidays is a lot different than living here. For example, now I can eat fast food as often as I want, and go for a movie every now and then. Then there is also the lying around at home for the most part of the day. Which is a bore.
But this time, things were different. Of course there was D, who always comes to Dubai for vacations the same time I do. Every time we usually go for a movie. Our first vacation we saw 2012, something to forget. The second one, I Hate Luv Storys, umm...lets not comment on that, shall we?
This vacation, for sure, was the best one yet. We had another old classmate S, joining us. And I was seeing her after three years. S and I are also cousins, a very long relationship. Want me to spell it out? Here goes, she's my...hold on, my dad's second sister's husband's cousin's daughter. I wish I could see the look on your faces now.
Sunday saw S coming over to my house, and we spent three hours roaming aimlessly around City Centre. And what have we to show for the day? Nothing. Just widened eyes that were blinded by the prices after the so-called 60% off sale.
Moving on, so this time, we decided to see yet another installment of the Harry Potter series. I remember those days...but that's another story. So we went to watch The Deathly Hallows Part 1. Which was followed by an all-round tour of City Centre. It wasn't because we haven't seen it before. But 2-3 rounds ensured we were up-to-date on any "Our Own" stories we may have missed. 
Followed by our favorite pizza place, or at least the pizza place whose name brings good memories, Pizza Hut. 
And that was Monday. 
Tuesday was my rest day. I was meant to go to school with S, but then, I was too tired. And they were going in the afternoon, so very less chance to see the teachers that taught me. 
Wednesday we went to Global Village, "where the world comes together" and rightly so. Well, me and my sister fought a couple of times, but hey, that's old news.
And Thursday? Thursday so far has been, not so good. Although if I can find Kitty, it should be the end of a good week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Summer in Aleppey

Must-Read Non-Fiction for 2018: A Few Recommendations

Jacobinte Swargarajyam - A Review